Negative SEO Attack
Negative SEO Attack is the process of using unethical and black hat techniques to decrease a competitor’s rankings in search engine. It is happening a lot in the online world and has created problems for several businesses. As black hat SEO is really difficult to execute, maintain the rankings, and deliever the results, thus a new kind of SEO is developed which is known as “Negative SEO”. In most of the cases, the negative SEO is done off-page but there are cases when hackers hacked the websites and altered the things thus damaging the on-page SEO.
What are the Forms of Negative SEO?
Negative SEO can attack your website is so many forms. Here are some of the most popular negative SEO techniques listed down:
1. Hacking your website
When a hacker hacks your website although he may not have negative SEO mind, but it greatly damages the SEO of your website.
2. Building hundreds or thousands of scammy links to your website Negative Seo start attacking your website with scammy links that increase in number with the passage of time.
3. Copying your content and distributing it all over the internet It copies the content of your website from time to time and place it on many different website which put down your rankings in search
4. Pointing links to your website
Negative SEO point out irrelevant and unethical links to your website thus affecting its status and rankings by using keywords like Viagra, poker online, and many others.
5. Creating fake social profiles and ruining your reputation online It creates fake social profiles of your company and post substandard content to pollute your reputation.
6. Removing the best backlinks your website has By hacking the website, it removes your top quality backlinks from the website which decrease your rankings too much.