What Is The Use Of Alt Attribute Tags?
What is the Alt Attribute Tags?
The alt text is used to describe what is present in the image as well as the purpose of the image on the page. They are used within an HTML code to describe the appearance and function of an image on a page. The title of the alt attribute is shown when you click over the image thus providing you with all the information about the image.
Use of Alt Attribute Tags
Alt Attribute greatly benefits the SEO of your website. Some of its uses are listed down:
- Adding alternative text to photos is first and foremost important SEO strategy of image optimization.
- Alt tags will be displayed in place of an image if an image file cannot be loaded.
- Alt tags provide helpful image descriptions to search engine crawlers which actually provide them the flexibility to rank the images accurately.
How to Make a Good Alt Attribute Tag
Here are some steps listed down to create an effective Alt Attribute Tag:
- Keep the alt attribute tag short and precise. Try to cover the text in 125 characters.
- Include your keyword in the alt text of at least one image on the page as it provides you an opportunity to signal to search engines that your page is highly relevant to a particular search query.
- Focus on writing descriptive alt text that provides context to the image because Google does not provide any weight to poorly written alt text.
- You should avoid using images in place of words but if you still do it, explain what your photo is about within the alt text.