How to Submit Website to Google News?
Google News contains articles from almost thousands of news site of all the world and it helps websites to increase the traffic of your website. In the ever-changing world of SEO, it has become a standard to focus primarily on the Google Web Results. If your website is consistently publishing current news, you should think of higher ways to increase the traffic of your website. Similarly, if your website has a lot of high-quality, relevant and newsworthy content, you should be in Google News results!
Steps to Submit Website to Google News
Here are the steps listed down to submit your website to Google News:
- Log in to Google Webmaster tools
- Verify the appropriate site
- Once the site is verified, find the “Sitemaps” section under “optimization” in the navigation bar on your Dashboard page
- In the navigation bar, select the “submit/test a sitemap” from the Sitemaps section.
- Enter the path to your sitemap in the text box that pops up
- Submit the Sitemap
What are the Requirements for Google News?
The major requirements for submitting your website to Google News are:
- Review general Google News index guidelines
For Google News, you should write original content that’s clear and free of grammatical errors. The major aspects required for the inclusion in Google News Index are authentic reporting and visible attribution. Make sure you include datelines and bylines in your content.
- Review technical Google News index guidelines
Google News uses a computer algorithm to automatically crawl news sites. Make sure your article URLs are unique and permanent. For your content to be included in Google News, you should make sure that GoogleBot and GoogleBot-news are able to crawl and index your site.
- Apply for inclusion
If your site follows our general and technical News index guidelines and webmaster guidelines, then you’re ready to apply for inclusion within the Google News Publisher Center.