What is RSS Feed Submission in SEO?
What is RSS Feed?
RSS stands for Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication and is an open web format that is used to publish updated content. Clients use RSS readers to subscribe to feeds that contain links to the newest content. A default WordPress installation already has RSS set up for the site entries and comments. But, if you desire to add external RSS to your feed, you can also do that.
How RSS Submission is Helpful for SEO
Adding RSS submission to your website helps your users to keep themselves updated with the latest content of your website. It provides you a great flexibility to keep your customers intact by offering them the present updates of your products or services. RSS also helps you in getting higher rankings for your website in addition to improving the search engine optimization process. With the use of RSS, you can get a lot of backlinks for your website which in turn lead to the arrival of tremendous traffic. When a lot of people visit your website, it increases your chances of converting them into potential customers. The sales process of your website also improves with RSS.
How to Do RSS Feed Submission for Your WordPress Website?
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Appearance, and then click Widgets.
- Under Available Widgets, click RSS.
- Select where you want the RSS widget to appear:
- To add the widget to the site’s footer, click Main Widget Area.
- To add the widget to the site’s sidebar, click Secondary Widget Area.
- Click Add Widget. An RSS dialog box appears.
- In the boxes given, add the required information.
- Click Save. The RSS feed contents are displayed on your web site.